Jurgens Basson is an innovative Educational Consultant with broad-ranging track records in Mathematics, Educational Initiatives, Business Development and Project Management. He is a committed, accountable and ethical individual, a strategic and analytical thinker.
He started his career as a Mathematics teacher and then became a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Johannesburg. While at the University of Johannesburg he established the UJ/Oracle Saturday School of Mathematics initiative in 2003. This initiative was aimed at previously disadvantaged learners from Soweto with a sponsorship from Oracle SA.
During his career he has had the opportunity to train more than 20 000 teachers and more than a 100 000 learners throughout South Africa.
Jurgens and his team at JB Education make a positive difference in the community by aiming to alleviate poverty and unemployment through educational interventions.
We are committed to ensure that more learners qualify for learnerships and obtain university exemption.
He is rated as the best Mathematics Consultant in South Africa because of his unique ability to train teachers in Mathematics at primary, secondary and tertiary level.
He has the ability to empower learners to achieve better results and is used by all the different Departments of Education and many schools to train Mathematics teachers and learners in English and Afrikaans.
He is also the founder and owner of The Maths Centre, an additional tuition centre where learners receive assistance in Mathematics, Physical Science and Accounting from qualified tutors. The Maths Centre has been successfully assisting learners to improve their results for the past 30 years.
Download the JB Education – Company Profile Document
- Serving as the CEO of JB Education – 12 years
- Mathematics Lecturer at University of Johannesburg for 8 years
- co-Author of the “Mind Action Series Mathematics” Textbooks
Degree in Mining Eng. Post Graduate in Business Management B-Tech Certificate in Project Management
- 21 years in the Mining Industry of that 4 years as a Mine General manager and 2 Years as a Mining COO
- Serving as a Director at Oretsotse Investments
- Managing Director at Makhamisa Extreme Force
- Chairman/Founder – Kaleb Capital
- Project Management
- Fitter & Turner
- 30 years in the Mining Engineering Industry of that 7 years as Project Lead
- Serving as a Director at Mihandzu Holdings Pty Ltd
- Coaching for Development – University of Cape Town, Centre for Coaching
- Project Management
- Director at Divine ICT Placements Pty Ltd – 10 Years
- Project Manager at QBIT Group – 1 Year
- Co-Owner at The Maths Centre – 6 Years
- Director at JB Education – 3 Years
OUR TOP 5 PROJECTS
CLICK ON THE LOGOS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Let's Start Something
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." – Albert Einstein